Immersive Insights and Visual presentation of data (video below) is very cool - but beyond the initial cool factor, I've been noodling some rough ideas on Use Cases and factors that would contribute to a best fit of this technology and solution patterns - for long term usefulness and value creation.
Jotted some down below - not complete... b
- What are "Best Fit" use Cases for Immersive Insights / Augmented Reality presentation of Data and Knowledge
- Who is the primary user? What is their unmet need? What problem are we trying to solve? How can a team justify ROI on tech investment?
- Why use Augmented Reality vs. Flat Screen?
- When are iPhone/tablets a better fit than (expensive) AR headsets?
- What is the data / knowledge to be presented? Does it 'fit' well with this medium?
Best Fit Factors
- DATA DISCOVERY for DECISION SUPPORT - assumption (need to validate that) this is a Data Discovery use, that also ties out to actionable insights
- Clear Benefits of VISUAL / SPATIAL presentation of data. Some examples of how Ayasdi is doing it here https://www.ayasdi.com/blog/ with TDA
- Spatial / Temporal presentation of information is more likely to lead to "aha" moments
- Shared 'mental model' (shared perspective / visuals) - e.g. having 4 people see the same data and interact
- Memory and persistance
- REMOTE ENGAGEMENT - have a new york SME join 2 analysts in San Francisco
- NON OBVIOUS - Deep Learning and analytics tools are pretty good at surfacing signals and relationships - so one question is, when will a HUMAN VIEWER still be necessary for navigating knowledge?
- VERBAL COMMAND AND CONTROL - assumption (tbd) that Verbal Command and Control , and Verbal Interrogation of Data / Models will make the UI UX flow much better
- DEMOCRATIZE DATA - make this experience 'natural' and accessible not to PHDs and Analysts, but to CXOs and leadership. Users are not Analysts only,
About this blog
Description is...<br/>Data Analytics & Visualization Blog - Generating insights from Data since 2013
Created: July 25, 2014Englishfrançais