Exploring Jungian Archetypes for User Segmentation in Modern Marketing:
Link to PPT Deck in Progress - Jan 6th:
- CARL JUNG - Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded analytical psychology his Idea of archetypes was based on Kant's categories, Plato's Ideas, and Schopenhauer's prototypes
- Using IBM Watson Personality Insights how might we map the 52 Signals (Big 5, Needs and Values) to a Jungian Archetype model.
- If validated. might this linkage be used to develop user segmentation methods of value?
“Market segmentation is a marketing strategy which involves dividing a broad target market into subsets of consumers, businesses, or countries who have, or are perceived to have,
common needs, interests, and priorities, and then designing and implementing strategies to target them.”
- How might we segment 1 million customers to better engage them?
- What do we know about the population?
- What motivates them? And why?
- How do we begin to segment and organize?
- What Brands have highest / lowest resonance … and how can we can test + validate?
TWELVE JUNGIAN ARCHETYPES
The Regular Guy
EXAMPLE OF MAPPING EXERCISE
Initial Mapping for First Hypothesis to be tested:
|The Innocent||Zoe||optimist, utopian, honest, reliable||ego||order||Fairtrade, Sesame Street, Hello Kitty, Pampers, Oreo|
|The Hero||Michael||warrior, rescuer, crusader, athlete||ego||ego||US Marines, Nike, UnderArmor, Go Pro|
|The Citizen||Matt||everyman, regular-guy, servant||ego||social||Budweiser, Walmart, Ford, NASCAR|
|The Nurturer||Steven||healer, angel, caregiver, altruist, helper||ego||social||Whole Foods, Dove, Salvation Army, J&J, Tylenol|
|The Creator||Ann||artist, entrepreneur, visionary, storyteller||soul||ego||Crayola, Lego, Apple, Moleskine|
|The Explorer||Bonnie||adventurer, pioneer, seeker||soul||freedom||North Face, Red Bull, Subaru, Mountain Dew, REI|
|The Rebel||Richard||activist, maverick, reformer, gambler||soul||freedom||Virgin, Tesla, Indian Motorcycle, Obey, Vans|
|The Lover||Heather||hedonist, matchmaker, companion||soul||social||eHarmony, Lindt, Victoria's Secret, Hallmark, Tiffany|
|The Magician||Ryan||engineer, magician, scientist||self||ego||Disney, NASA, IBM Watson, HBR|
|The Ruler||Robert||boss, patriarch, judge, ambassador||self||order||Rolex, Dos Equis, Goldman Sachs, Bentley|
|The Jester||Gwen||trickster, entertainer, clown||self||freedom||GEICO, Adult Swim, M&Ms, SNL|
|The Sage||Paul||mentor, scholar, shaman, thinker||self||order||Economist, NY Times, National Geographic, TED, McKinsey|
About this blog
Description is...<br/>Data Analytics & Visualization Blog - Generating insights from Data since 2013
Created: July 25, 2014Englishfrançais