Brand Perception in Social Media - Mapping Archetypes - Viz Foundation
thinking about what it would look like for a retail brand or luxury brand to visualize the brand over time
- assume access to 10k+ social media sources that are expressing views on the brands on semi-regular basis
- assume we're clustering these folks together to nearest neighbor -demographics/relationship with brand
- measuring over many weeks months or years
- using IBM Watson (Alchemy Language, Custom NLC trained for traits that matter) - to pop signals out of group's collective voice
Basic Viz Foundation
so the graph above is dummy data, but I needed to get a basic start on how to graph movement by cluster over time on the
This Hypothetical Example
In this case, I was thinking about three distinct groups of folks who were engaging with a slightly different face of a luxury retail brand.
- Progressives - talking good stuff about the brand and MEASURED AS RESPONDING to the movement to be innovative and leading edge. Happy.
- Traditionalists - also happy - but other component is resonating with them - OLD SCHOOL - NOSTALGIA - Also Happy.
- Disaffected - Not getting the message and getting growly about the brand
Other Use Cases
- Support Calls
- Customer Service
- HR / Performance Reviews
- Education Evaluation
About this blog
This is an informal blog that explores tools, code and tricks that group members have developed to engage IBM Watson cognitive computing services - from the R Programming Language. Packages include RCURL to access Watson APIs - for services that include Natural Language Classifier and Speech to Text. THIS IS MY PERSONAL BLOG - it does not represent the views of my employer. Code is presented as 'use at your own risk' (it has lots of bugs)
Created: September 13, 2015English