Terms of Service
Effective Date: This Agreement was last revised October, 2013.
Please read the terms of this agreement carefully. This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions for your use of the Dream to Learn platform. By signing in to Dream to Learn, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.
- You always own any content (documents, text, images, etc) that you create and publish on Dream to Learn. You can delete it / remove it from Dream to Learn at any time, and if you do so we can no longer use it.
- Dream to Learn will protect itself, and its users, from users uploading content that doesn't belong to them inlcuing, copyright violations, or objectionable / illegal content.
- For content you co-author with other Dream to Learn users, all co-authors must agree to the content deletion
- You can delete your content and your comments, but you can't delete the comments made by other users about your content or about your comments.
- You give us a license to use your content, as follows:
- We must always respect the permissions that you set on the content. For example: if you make content 'private' then we can't show it to anybody, while if you make it 'public' then we can show it to everybody.
- We must always label the content as yours, with your name and a link to your profile
- We can't sell or rent your content; we must use it in a way that's consistent with the goals of Dream to Learn
- You will not post advertisements or solicitations for business on Dream to Learn.
Dream to Learn is free. Our planned business model is to put tasteful and relatively inconspicuous ads on Dream to Learn pages (initially using Google AdSense to offset server and operating costs).
- If desired, you will be able to buy an optional monthly subscription that will turn off the ads.
- Users who are contributing a lot to Dream to Learn will also get ads turned off.
- Aside from the presence/absence of ads, our intention is for there to be no difference in the service for those who are paying and those who are not paying. That is, we are trying to avoid a so-called "freemium" business model, with the following possible exception:
- because there are real costs associated with storage and bandwidth, we may limit the amount of storage and bandwidth available on non-paying accounts.
We do our best to keep Dream to Learn safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Dream to Learn safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications, such as spam, on Dream to Learn.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Dream to Learn, using automated means, such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid schemes, upload viruses, attempt to gain access to unauthorized areas or accounts.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user or community. You will not post content that is: hate speech, violent, threatening, or pornographic; If in doubt, a good test is – would the conversation or content be welcome in a public library or university cafeteria?
- You will use correct personal information, and will not create multiple accounts - especially if you've been placed on suspension.
- If you are not the age of majority in your country, old enough to vote, you will not use Dream to Learn without parent or guardian consent. If you are not sure, especially if you are under 16, please ask your parent or guardian.
Legal & Risks
We hope nobody sues anybody - however, if anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Dream to Learn, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind, including legal fees and costs, related to such claims. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Dream to Learn and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Dream to Learn. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on Dream to Learn. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Dream to Learn.
We will try VERY hard to keep Dream to Learn safe, bug-free, and secure - however technology, people and processes can fail, you are using Dream to Learn at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that Dream to Learn will always be safe, secure or problem free – though we will try our hardest to ensure that the really important things stay safe.
By using the platform, you release Dream to Learn, our Directors, Officers, Agents and Employees, from any claims and damages connected to Dream to Learn.